HomeTechnical Support » Configuration & Setup

Configuration & Setup

Installing on 2nd Computer Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

5/21/2019
Nancy
Administrator
Your PrintBoss license can be installed one time from the disk. Depending on where the original install was done, I'd like to clarify the two different scenarios.

1. PrintBoss was loaded on to one single PC for one user and now you want a second user. Here is what you do:

A. Copy the complete PrintBoss folder from the PC to a shared location. Most often this is a server.

B. From the new users PC, go to the PrintBoss folder, which is now on the server. Run setup.exe.
1. Run setup.exe "As Administrator"
2. Verify that the Home directory is the new location
3. Verify that the Install Type is "Workstation / Printer Driver Install"

C. Restart the print spooler service OR restart the PC.

D. Go to the original PC. Navigate to the PrintBoss folder now on the server.

E. Run setup.exe, 'As Administrator" and verifying that the Home directory is the new server location. The install type is "Workstation/Printer"

F. Test from both PCs

G. Delete the PrintBoss folder from the original PC.

2. PrintBoss was loaded on a server originally. (run PB32.exe and go to Help/About to verify where the PrintBoss folder resides.)

A. Log onto the new PC as Administrator.

B. Go to the PrintBoss folder, find setup.exe in the folder, and run as Administrator.

C. Choose Workstation/Printer driver install type. Continue to Finish.

D. Restart the print spooler service OR restart the PC.

For additional information please see http://www.wellspringsoftware.com/Support/DynamicSupport/Directory.aspx?search=Q1012

edited by Nancy on 5/21/2019
0 link
JasIBuc

5/21/2019
JasIBuc
I am attempting to install PB on for a 2nd user & computer using the disc. PB is currently set-up locally on the current users machine. When I insert the disc I am able to see the program running, but am unsuccessful getting beyond the welcome screen.

I have read in other posts that I need to copy the PB folder from the existing user's computer and save on the new computer. If I complete that should it then work or are more steps needed since it will be running on 2 separate machines.

Thank you in advance,
Jason
0 link