HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

Printer Select Messages in this topic - RSS

bboyd

4/23/2012
bboyd
Thanks, My problem is that we have two locations that are 5 miles apart that are networked together. When a user is at office1 we have a printer setup and when the user is at office2 we have a printer. People come and go between locations and have the need to print checks at either one. I just don't want a person to be in office1 printing checks to the office2 printer. If they can select printer1 or printer2 it will be much easier than having all our printers show up on the print list. Which isn't a big deal, just teaching a bunch of dogs new tricks smile
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/23/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Hi. A standard feature of PrintBoss is that each user can have a default printer. Set the PrintBoss form to use the default PrintBoss printer. Then have the user open PrintBoss and then go to PrintBoss\File\Printer Setup and select a Specific Printer.
0 link
bboyd

4/23/2012
bboyd
Hello Again,
I have another question about printing. We have several printers on our network, all shared. We have 2 printers that we have sourced as "Check Printers" which are printers made specifically for check printing, MICR Ink, Adjustments, etc. Whenever someone prints a check in PB I want them to slect one of the two printers (CheckPrinter1 or CheckPrinter2) without all our other printers coming up on the manually select feature, because that would cause an absolute mess!
0 link