HomeGeneral Inquiries

Any non-technical question about Wellspring Software's products and services

Subject: Characters printing before DocNo Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

4/27/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Deborah, it appears that you have created your own, custom input files rather than using one of our 'out of the box' interfaces. The random characters may be an issue with the format of your .csv file. We'll need to look at your files a little more closely. Please call for technical support so we can connect an take a look.
edited by Nancy on 4/27/2012
0 link
Deborah Dube

4/27/2012
Deborah Dube
I updated print boss, delete the print boss printer, reinstalled it with setup.exe (workstation install), then restarted the print spooler service. No change in imported data.

--
djdube
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/27/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Ok. Try this... Go to PrintBoss\Help\About and verify that the version of PrintBoss is dated later that 2/24/2010. If not, update PrintBoss. Then delete the PrintBoss printer and reinstall it. To reinstall, run PrintBoss\setup.exe as a workstation install.
0 link
Deborah Dube

4/27/2012
Deborah Dube
Hi Nancy,
I'll try that. The characters are not just on the printed copy; they show in the preview of workfile data and in the archives.
Thank you

--
djdube
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/27/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Is this on the printed check copy? If so, try reinstalling the printer driver. We recommend the PCL5e or PCL6 for your printer.
0 link
Deborah Dube

4/26/2012
Deborah Dube
Hello,
I am dropping check data in csv files into a watched print boss directory; print boss gets the check data ok, but it prefixes our check numbers with 3 odd characters, before every 6 digit check no.
Each DocNo or check number is prefixed by 3 characters: An i with .. on top of it, followed by a single character that looks like >>,
then a third character that is an upside down question mark.

How do i get rid of these characters?
Thank You,
djdube

--
djdube
0 link