HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

Error creating/appending to form log while printin Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

5/31/2012
Nancy
Administrator
The error 32 indicates someone else (or something else) is using the file (i.e. there is a sharing violation). This would occur if more than one person prints at the same time or if some other process is holding the file open. This could be caused by virus scanning software on the server.
0 link
sellis

5/31/2012
sellis
I changed the folder name. Yes, we did upgrade virus software, but we turned off scanning of print boss files. I will turn off logging and see if that eliminates the problem.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

5/31/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Which solution did you try? Turn off logging? Or change the name of the log file?
Also, did you have a recent upgrade to your anti-virus software?
0 link
sellis

5/31/2012
sellis
This solution worked temporarily. Eliminated the error message on the first couple of check runs. Now it is starting to come back. User received same error message 3 times when printing a check run containing 113 checks today.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

5/3/2012
Nancy
Administrator
It is possible that the log file is locked or corrupted. Try renaming the file, so a new log starts with the next batch. If you cannot rename it, then go to the Form editor of CFOperat (PrintBoss\Edit\Form Files). On the Special Controls tab you can either turn off the Form logging feature or create a new name for the log file.

0 link
sellis

5/3/2012
sellis
We have been using PrintBoss for over a year. Just recently, we've been receiving the error "Error creating/appending to form log file. File=\\....CFOperat.Log Error=32" We haven't made any changes to the workstations and the users are the same. Until recently, it was only occuring on one PC. Now, they are receiving the same error on the other workstation. Once they click off of it, everything processes just fine, until the error is received again. The user has received this error up to 34 times in one batch.
edited by sschulz on 5/3/2012
0 link