HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

Printing AP checks from Timberline-skips top row Messages in this topic - RSS

5/10/2012
Nancy - thanks for logging in and fixing my problem. You guys at Wellspring rock!!!! Thanks again.
0 mark as "accepted answer" link
Nancy
Administrator

5/10/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Yes, please do. Also, be sure to indicate your company's name, the version of PrintBoss you have installed and serial number. You'll find these listed on the PrintBoss/Help/About screen.

5/10/2012
Yes, the description line printed on the Timberline-stored check form. But the Timberline-stored form is just a single stub, whereas the PrintBoss stored form is actually the smaller double (duplicate) top check. Do you still want me to send you the files?
Nancy
Administrator

5/10/2012
Nancy
Administrator
When you printed the check to the Timberline-stored check form, was the first line of the invoice data there? If so, we'd need to investigate PrintBoss further. If not, then the issue is with Timberline.
If you'd like to Tech Support to investigate PrintBoss further, please forward your copy of the PrintBoss form and your Work file to support@wellspringsoftware.com. Both of these files are found in the PrintBoss folder, the first in the Forms folder. The extension of the form file is .pbf. The Work folder will likely contain sub-folders labeled with the {WinUserName}. Two files make up the Work file of a PrintBoss form. The extensions are .smt and .dbf. We need all three files for testing.

5/10/2012
Nancy - I did two things: I tried printing it just to a regular printer, but when I bypass PrintBoss it uses the TImberline-stored check form and it's not the same form, so I can't tell. I tried printing the check to a .pdf in PrintBoss and it still skips the first line. That probably doesn't tell us much since it looks like just the printed copy. Any other suggestions?
Nancy
Administrator

5/9/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Print the Timberline report directly to a printer by passing PrintBoss. Does the first line of the invoice show on the printed page?

5/9/2012
Nancy wrote:
It sounds like the capture area for a #RegionMove in your PrintBoss form should be adjusted to include the first line of the invoices. You can see this on the Work File/Raw Capture view. From File/ Open Document Work File choose the PrintBoss form, then Browse and View. Next, right-click and 'View Raw Capture.' If the first line of the invoice data is there, give us a call, we can quickly adjust the form, or import a newer form if appropriate.

Nancy - when I follow those instructions, the first line of the description IS NOT showing up. Where should I go from here?
Nancy
Administrator

5/9/2012
Nancy
Administrator
It sounds like the capture area for a #RegionMove in your PrintBoss form should be adjusted to include the first line of the invoices. You can see this on the Work File/Raw Capture view. From File/ Open Document Work File choose the PrintBoss form, then Browse and View. Next, right-click and 'View Raw Capture.' If the first line of the invoice data is there, give us a call, we can quickly adjust the form, or import a newer form if appropriate.

5/9/2012
When I use PrintBoss to print AP checks from Timberline, it skips printing the first line of the description (i.e., invoice number) on the main check stub - the one attached to the check. Then on the small duplicate copy on the top, it scrunches some of the description lines together because it is printing a larger font over the second or third line while the rest of the lines are the smaller font. I found the print settings for Timberline in these forums and went through the print settings in both Timberline and PrintBoss and they seem to be correct. Can't figure out what to do - any thoughts?