HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

checks print is too light Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

7/26/2012
paula
Administrator
Was the MICR cartridge new or remanufactured? If the latter, you may want to contact the company or purchase and work out an exchange.
Significant adjustments should not be needed. However, if a printer is not using sufficient toner and the cartridge is new, there are 2 ways to increase the amount of toner on the page:
1. Adjust the Print Quality on the printer. This is done through the menu on the printer. Typically, the setting you need to adjust is the Black Density or Ink Density. The values are 0 to 5 with 5 being the highest.

2. If the MICR line itself needs to be darker, there is a Boldness setting in the PrintBoss form.
2a. Open PrintBoss.
2b. Click on the File menu and select Open Document Work File.
2c. Select the desired work file and click the Browse button.
2d. Select a document and click the View button.
2e. Double click on the MICR line. This will open the MICR Command Properties. Increase the Boldness setting to Bolder or Boldest.
2f. Click OK to save this change.
2g. Close the View and select Yes to save changes.
If these settings do not help, consult your MICR cartridge supplier.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

7/26/2012
email submissions
Administrator
To: Support@wellspringsoftware.com
Subject: Check print is to light
Purchased a new HP1606dn printer. Since then my checks print so light the bank is having a hard time reading them. I just ran a report using my regular cartridge using PrintBoss and the print is dark enough. Then I put my MICR cartridge in and printed using PrintBoss and the print is very light. Is there some kind of adjustment that needs to be made because of my new printer?
0 link