HomeTechnical Support » Modifying Forms

Modifying Forms

Send copies to different printer trays? Messages in this topic - RSS

Roberto57

7/30/2012
Roberto57
Okay, based on your below list of forms included, that sounds about right and it appears you do include sample copies of all the Accpac forms with PrintBoss - I think the issue is just that you have either mislabeled or not included some of the Accpac forms in the Accpac forms download section of your website:

(http://www.wellspringsoftware.com/Support/DynamicSupport/Directory.aspx)

..as it appears the Order Confirmation is not included and the form labeled as packing slip appears to be somewhere between an order confirmation and a packing slip (it prints “Order Confirmation” on the top instead of “Packing Slip” and it doesn’t indicate any shipped quantities).

So you might want to take a look at that, but otherwise the product itself seems perfect! Thanks for your help.
edited by Roberto57 on 7/30/2012
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

7/30/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Roberto, here is a list of the Crystal reports and corresponding PrintBoss forms that are standard with PrintBoss. The list is comprised of the reports most often used by our Accpac customers. If there is a standard Accpac report that you need and is not included, please feel free to call Technical Support so we can evaluate the report and determine if it should be part of the standard set.

Accpac 6.0
AP
AP-CK1_v60.rpt, Check CA_AP1
AP-CK2_v60.rpt, Check (Includes Inv Desc. Column) CA_AP2

AR
AR-CK1_v60.rpt, AR Refund Check CA_AR1
AR-IV1_v60.rpt, Invoice CA_ARIV1
AR-ST1_v60.rpt, Statement CA_ARST1
AR-ST2_v60.rpt, Statement (left edge for tear off) CA_ARST2
BK-DP1_v60.rpt, Deposit Slip Deposit1

Payroll
CP-CK3_v60.rpt, Canadian Payroll Check CA_CP3
UP-CK3_v60.rpt, US Payroll Check CA_UP3
UP-CK4_v60.rpt, US Payroll Check (includes new 55 fields) CA_UP4

OE
OE-CO1_v60.rpt, Order Confirmation CA_CON1
OE-CR1_v60.rpt, Credit Note CA_CRN1
OE-IV2_v60.rpt, Invoice CA_INV2
OE-IV3_v60.rpt, Invoice (Uses labels from Crystal) CA_INV3
OE-IV5_v60.rpt, Invoice (based on Accpac OEINVO5) CA_INV5
OE-Pi1 _v60.rpt, Picking Slips - Orders CA_PIK1
OE-PickShip1 _v60.rpt, Picking Slips - Shipments CA_PS1
OE-QT1­_v60.rpt, Quote CA_QU1

PO
PO-PO1_V60.rpt, Purchase Order CA_PO1
PO-PO2_V60.rpt, Purchase Order (Uses labels from Crystal) CA_PO2
edited by Nancy on 7/30/2012
0 link
Roberto57

7/28/2012
Roberto57
Thanks. I have one other question. I went to your “Support Documents” section on your website for “Host Accounting Software” for Sage Accpac ERP (Sage 300) to review some of the sample Accpac documents you include with Printboss.

I’m confused about one thing: Out of the box, Accpac comes with a number of Order Entry forms, including

Order Confirmation: OECONF01.RPT
Picking Slip: OEPICKORDER1.RPT or OEPICKSHIPMENT1.RPT
Packing Slip: OEPICKSHIPMENT1.RPT

When I went to your site to download these Accpac sample forms, I did not see an entry available to download a sample Order Confirmation…. all I saw was a sample Accpac Quote, Invoice, Picking Slip and Packing Slip.

No problem, I downloaded the Printboss Sample Picking Skip for Accpac (Accpac ca pik1 sample.pdf), and it looked fine - and it had “Picking Slip” printed across the top of the document.

Then I downloaded the PrintBoss sample invoice (Accpac ca inv2 sample.pdf), and it too looked fine - and it had “Invoice” printed across the top of the document.

However, when I downloaded the PrintBoss sample packing slip (Accpac ca con1 packing slip sample.pdf), I’m not sure what I got - the document states “Order Confirmation” across the top and it did not look like the packing slip that comes out of Accpac.. nor did it look like the Order Confirmation either.

Again, please note that, out-of-the-box, Accpac comes with a separate order conformation, a picking slip, and a packing slip (even though it sometimes refers to the packing slip as a pick slip, it isn't - and as you can see above, it is a different RPT form than the picking slip and each of the forms are available to print only at the appropriate step of the order process). So, the Accpac picking slip and packing slip are two separate documents. Are there PrintBoss versions of each of these two documents?

Thanks!
edited by Roberto57 on 7/28/2012
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

7/27/2012
Nancy
Administrator
Yes, you can setup PrintBoss to prince copies to different trays. Open PrintBoss and go to Edit\Form Files. Then choose the form and click on the Editor button. Choose the 'Multi-parts and Printers' tab. Note the column for 'Source Tray.' Use the drop-down to select a paper tray for each copy.
0 link
Roberto57

7/27/2012
Roberto57
I know that I can configure PrintBoss in which I can set up a PrintBoss form (such as an invoice) in which it prints multiple copies of the document, and each copy says something different on the bottom.

For example, let’s say I use PrintBoss to print an invoice in which three copies are printed of each invoice: The first copy will say “Customer Copy” on the bottom, the second copy will say “Warehouse Copy” and the third copy will say “Account Copy”

I am pretty sure PrintBoss will allow that, and I seem to recall having configured it to do that in the past when I installed PrintBoss and integrated it with Accpac.

However, my question now is: Can Printboss be configured so each of those three separate copies comes out of a separate tray in a three tray printer? In this case the printer is an HP 3015n laser printer with two separate trays (and an override). When I set up PrintBoss to print each of the three copies of the form, can I specifically indicate which of the two trays each copy should come out of?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
edited by Roberto57 on 7/27/2012
edited by Roberto57 on 7/27/2012
0 link