HomeTechnical Support » Sage 300 ERP

(fka Sage Accpac ERP)

PB works on 3 of 4 identical computers Messages in this topic - RSS

Bruce

4/18/2013
Bruce
Thank you Nancy. Your recommendation worked perfectly.
0 link
Bruce

4/3/2013
Bruce
Nancy:

OK, I will change the non-working computer to use the same Transfer folder as the others. I will update this thread with the results. Thank you.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/3/2013
Nancy
Administrator
The location of the Transfer folder is established on the PrintBoss\Options\ PrintBoss Driver Settings tab. There are several suggested settings. The most common is {ComAppData\...\Transfer} which is C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Transfer. For some reason your non-working user account does not have edit rights to C:\Transfer. Try the other setting and print. You can create one manually or the Transfer folder will automatically be created during the process of printing a check.
0 link
Bruce

4/2/2013
Bruce
Nancy:
Yes, I believe the Transfer folder is at fault. It points to a folder that doesn't exist. Here are the results from 2 computers.

Not working:
-Spool: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Spool\ = E C W D
-Program: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Home: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Transfer: C:\Transfer\ = e

Working Computer (all 3 that work are like this):
-Spool: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Spool\ = E C W D
-Program: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Home: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Transfer: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Transfer\ = E C W D

Questions:
-Should I change the first one to use the same Transfer folder as the others (after checking that the folder exists)?
-Is this done through the PB interface or directly with the registry?

Thank you.
edited by Bruce on 4/2/2013
edited by Bruce on 4/2/2013
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/2/2013
Nancy
Administrator
With the updated software, there is a new function that can help determine if the user has all the correct permissions to the requisite PrintBoss folders. Run PB32.exe. Place your cursor over the Master Application screen, then hold the Ctrl and Shift and P keys. The PErmissions Analyzer will display. The key is at the bottom of the pop-up. Your user should have all upper case letters for ECWD: Exists, Create, Write, Delete for the Transfer folder.
0 link
Bruce

4/1/2013
Bruce
Hello Nancy:

I ran the PB update while logged in as the user on that computer. She has Full Control rights to the PrntBoss folder on the server and Administrator rights to her local computer. And, in fact, the update process ran without problem, once we solved a firewall problem.

I have seen a similar problem recently related to a "bad" path for the Transfer folder. Could that be a cause here? Thank you.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

4/1/2013
Nancy
Administrator
When you ran the PrintBoss update, were you logged in as the user or as Admin? I ask because the behavior is 'classic' permissions issue. Every user needs Full Control rights to the PrintBoss folder and its contents.
0 link
Bruce

3/30/2013
Bruce
Hello Support:
A client installed 4 new computers (Windows 7) last week. They are using Sage 300 version 6.0. They use PB only to print cheques.
From computer A I used PB to check and download the latest version. I then ran Setup.exe on the other 3 computers.
Those 3 computers work perfectly. They preview the cheque and then print to the PrintBoss 50 driver. However computer A does not print a cheque.
  • PrintBoss loads but does not recognize the document - no processing occurs
  • We use the same steps (preview first) as the other 3 computers
  • The trigger line is visible in Preview
  • The Crystal cheque file is the same on all 4 computers
  • The print job disappears - it neither prints nor does appears to be in a print queue
  • I ran Setup.exe just in case but there was no change
  • I stopped and started the Windows Print Spooler
Apart from the fact that the upgrade was installed at this computer, I don't see what makes it different. Identical operating system, identical Crystal report.
Question: What do you recommend?
0 link