HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Subject:Outlook 2013 and MAPI call error Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

1/16/2014
Nancy
Administrator
PrintBoss 5.73.5 includes a fix to the MAPI error a few clients experienced after upgrading to Outlook 2013. Please upgrade to this version to use PrintBoss with Outlook 2013.
0 link
Jason

1/15/2014
Jason
Hi there. We've started moving over to windows 7/8 and outlook 2013 here in my office but we get this error on all the machines running outlook 2013 which has stopped our upgrade process here. Anything else we can try? These machines are completely up to date with patches, etc.

I'm stumped. I've tried all your tips below.
Please let me know when you can.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

12/4/2013
Nancy
Administrator
We finally found the cause of the MAPI error when updating to Outlook 2013. A registry entry is not getting created.
The following is a web page that explains this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc815368.aspx

Information about a computer's MAPI subsystem installation in the system registry. All values in the registry entries are character strings.
Message service installation programs are responsible for creating the installation information in the following system registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem

Message services normally add entries to the system registry. This is not happening with Office 2013.
Add a new string value and name is MAPIX. Then open the string and set the value to 1.
edited by Nancy on 12/4/2013
0 link
paula
Administrator

7/9/2013
paula
Administrator
After extensive work on the MAPI error when using PrintBoss with Outlook 2013, we found two different solutions to the problem. This is what we suggest.
1. Run all Windows Important updates. When testing, MAPI failed after the first Windows Update. We were able to get it working again after applying all Windows updates. Testing after the SP1 update, had it working since then.

2. Run FixMapi found at the root of C:\Windows\System32.

If after applying the updates and FixMapi, MAPI is still failing. Please let us know.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

6/6/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Occasionally, there is a report of MAPI call error in Outlook 2013, 32 bit, when using PrintBoss. We have not been able to duplicate the issue in-house, but will continue to monitor this configuration.
0 link