HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

Can't print one company's checks from my CPU Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

8/15/2013
paula
Administrator
Thank you! The details help. QB prints the bank account ID on the advise section of an AP check. PrintBoss uses this information followed by a colon : and the Company Name to uniquely identify a bank record. This information is entered in the Bank Code field of the bank record. The Company Name only prints on the check when selecting the "Print Company Name and Address" option from the Printer Setup window in QB. Please verify the 'Print Company Name and Address' option is selected for the checks of the new company.

It appears the Bank Code for a different bank record has been overwritten and is now being used for the new company. This bank code needs to adjusted to reflect the original bank account ID:Company Name.
edited by paula on 8/15/2013
0 mark as "accepted answer" link

8/15/2013
thebossone wrote:
Thanks. The PrintBoss window pops up when I try to print the check out of QB. But the "record number" is wrong, and so the checks are printing with one of my other QB company's name & acct/routing info on it. The other person in my office, who I believe is set up as the Admin user, is able to print checks out of this entity with the correct company name and bank info just fine.

So whatever it is that tells PrintBoss to use bank record #7 when I'm printing out of this particular company, is apparently not working.

8/15/2013
Thanks. The PrintBoss window pops up when I try to print the check out of QB. But the "record number" is wrong, and so the checks are printing with one of my other QB company's name & acct/routing info on it. The other person in my office, who I believe is set up as the Admin user, is able to print checks out of this entity with the correct company name and bank info just fine.
paula
Administrator

8/15/2013
paula
Administrator
Please provide more details. Can you view the bank record for the new company in the PrintBoss bank list? Can you print from the new QB company directly to a printer (not PrintBoss)? Does PrintBoss generate any error messages? Does PrintBoss receive the file and stop?

The best solution may be to call out technical support group to trouble shoot this issue. The number is (636)527-6100.

8/15/2013
I have several QB companies and can print checks from all of those companies using PrintBoss, with the exception of one company. This company was just recently set up on PrintBoss, and the other person in my office can print checks from that entity out of PrintBoss, but I cannot. Any idea why? How do I fix it?