HomeTechnical Support » Modifying Forms

Modifying Forms

How do I check a captured variable for all spaces? Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

10/22/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Neil, I didn't realize at first that you are building your own Text Input interface. We are testing your code in-house and found an issue that needs to be addressed. Just wanted to let you know that and that we'll get a response to you as soon as we can.
0 link
Neil

10/18/2013
Neil
Thank you for your in-depth reply, Nancy.

I'm sorry. I must have been too vague in my question.

Our payroll creates a data file that has fixed length lines of 80 characters.

If the employee wants their money electronically deposited, the person's bank information will be listed on line 14.
If the employee wants a check, which he will take to the bank, himself, there will be simply spaces for line 14.

I have defined a variable, called DepInfo, as P20 1 14, to handle this so it can be printed on Advices.

The PrintBoss software is "capturing" the DepInfo's data and printing it on the check, even if it is spaces.

I've tried the following lines in the Footer section of the Payroll Form:
#[Captured, 'DepInfo'] (returns true because it is capturing data (which is spaces)
#[=, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[=e, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[in, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[<, DepInfo, 0] (returns false)

I have not found a conditional command to identify the 20 spaces and return a true response.

How do you check for this?
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

10/18/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Neil, I believe that there is functionality already in PrintBoss to handle what you want to do. There is a standard PrintBoss variable called {DocNo}. It is already defined in most PrintBoss forms and can be used to conditionally the sort order of the documents in the Work file prior to printing. The setting is on the Editor tab of the form. A drop down is provided for making the sort order choice.

Note that when {DocNo} is used to sort the batch of documents, PrintBoss will interpret all blanks and all spaces as the same and sort to the top as they came from the accounting software. There is no secondardy sort.
0 link
Neil

10/17/2013
Neil
My data file consists of fixed length rows. The deposit number may be simply spaces.

I am trying to change the processing of the checks depending on this value.
I've tried "In", "=". "=e", "Captured". None of the conditionals are returning true for 20 spaces. Nothing is working.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

If it helps, the field is defined as 20 characters.
The field is successfully read and printed to the checks. So I know it is being captured.
0 link