HomeTechnical Support » Printing

Printing

Hand Check Number Problems Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

3/27/2014
paula
Administrator
We recently discovered this issue only occurs when the HandCheck Output is set to a Work File. When the Output is set to Printer, the MICR increments correctly.

This will be fully fixed in the next release of PrintBoss, version 5.73.6.
0 link
paula
Administrator

3/21/2014
paula
Administrator
Thank you for your post. We take customer satisfaction and criticism very seriously. We are aware of the issue you are referring to and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. The check number variable used for QuickBooks checks is different as QuickBooks sets itself apart from other accounting packages by not passing the check number with check data. We are reviewing the code related to the variable used with QuickBooks and we expect to resolve this issue quickly.

Unfortunately, testing for this issue did not detect the problems that you are having because there are several ways to set up a form file and to print hand checks and we missed this combination. We understand that bugs sometimes slip through the cracks and we work hard to resolve them in a timely matter. Customers have unique requirements and we work to design PrintBoss to enable those individual customer needs. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thank you again for your comments. Customer engagement is extremely important to us and we appreciate any and all opportunities to work with customers and resolve their questions and issues. - written by Stu Neale.
edited by paula on 3/21/2014
edited by paula on 3/27/2014
0 link
Vincent9756

3/20/2014
Vincent9756
There's something wrong with the Handchk2 script/form that comes with PrintBoss. The number on the hand check (top, right of check) does not match the number in the MICR line. The check number in the MICR line is 1 greater than the number in the right, top corner of the check. (I was using the bank acct. next number radio button).

Unfortunately, I trusted this software and didn't look at my checks because the check printing through QuickBooks has always been correct. So, I gave 20 hand checks to someone with mismatched check numbers. The bank is taking the check number from MICR line and it hasn't created a financial problem because I found out early enough so that I don't create duplicate check numbers.

I then tried using the "Next Check Number:" radio button. That doesn't work at all. It advances the check numbers in the top, right corner of the check, but prints the same check number in the MICR line of each check. I know that I can't trust the software now so I look at everything it creates.

I finally found a forum post that told me to replace the #MICR "{BMICR}" line with this line "#MICR "/{CChkNo}/ [{BMicrRoutNo}[{BMicrAcctNo}/", B," With that change, the checks printed correctly using either radio button. But, you can't switch between them or it really screws up the check numbers. It told me it would print check 10012. It printed 100010. This hand check utility is of a very bad quality.

I'm not very happy that this company would let such a basic problem slip by. The basic function of this software is to print checks. Since Wellspring wants at least $100/year for support, someone that works for this company needs to test these extremely basic things. I'm only happy I did not spend $450 or $795 for the standard or enterprise version of this software (I bought PrintBoss Select). Rather than buy a support contract, I'm going to purchase a different software package to print the hand checks because I don't trust your developers. Luckily someone cared enough to at least make the software work correctly when printing with QuickBooks. I sent MICR quality control samples to chase bank and the PrintBoss checks passed all the tests. I just never tried hand checks until after I purchased the software.

I'm not happy with quality of the software this company creates, especially when I consider the price. I can get MICR check printing software for less than $35-50 that have the same features as PrintBoss select. For $150, I wrongly assumed that I would get a better quality product. That's a lesson for me.
0 link