paula
Administrator

6/13/2014
paula
Administrator
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 8:44 AM
Subject: RE: Printer and Windows Compatibility

There are 2 ways to adjust the offset:

1. There is an 'X, Y Text Offset' option on the Settings tab of every PrintBoss form. This moves all the raw text received from the accounting system.

2. There is a Non-MICR Offset Adjustment tool under Options/Configuration/Settings. This is a global move and affects all PrintBoss forms. The measurements are in thousandths so you will need to enter large numbers to see movement of the text.

The only way to correct the MICR is to run the MICR Offset Adjustment found at the same location as Step 2 above.

Feel free to call our support line if you would like assistance.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

6/13/2014
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 8:25 AM
To: Paula Manker

Paula, We had them upgrade the driver, and the issue is still occurring. How would we adjust for the offset at this point? Thanks!
0 link
paula
Administrator

6/13/2014
paula
Administrator
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 4:52 PM

This is the first reported issue with any printer, PrintBoss, and Windows 8. I suggest updating the printer driver from HP's web site to verify it is up to date. We have other clients who use the HP Laserjet P2035 with no issues.

Let me know if the offset persists after the driver update. We may be able to adjust for the offset.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

6/13/2014
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 2:30 PM
To: 'Support@wellspringsoftware.com'
Subject: Printer and Windows Compatibility

Hello,

We have a client that just installed a new computer and printer (HP LaserJet P2035) at their site. We have installed PrintBoss and Sage and have done some testing. The issue that is coming up is when the print job is sent to the printer, an error shows up on the printer (Not in windows or in any software). When they say ok to the error it prints the cheque but the alignment is off (1/2" lower than should be). Have you guys run into any compatibility with this printer and windows 8? They have just paid for support and upgraded PrintBoss to the newest version. The company is xx. If I am missing any information please let me know. Thanks!
0 link