HomeTechnical Support » Positive Pay Files

Positive Pay Files

assigning the position for the doc recipient Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

9/11/2014
paula
Administrator
This was answered by phone, so we thought we would add the solution here. DocAmnt is typically right justified and filled with spaces on the left side of the decimal place in a fixed width Positive Pay file. The right side is filled with zeros and the decimal place is hidden. For example:

"{FormatNum: '{DocAmnt}', 9, 2,' ','0',Hide}"

The example is for an 11 character Amount with a hidden decimal place. The 9 indicates 9 characters to the left side of the hidden decimal place and the ' ' adds the space padding. The 2 indicates 2 characters to the right of the decimal place and the '0' pads the space with zeros when there is no value greater than 0. 25.00 will display as 2500 while 2500.00 displays as 250000.
0 link
Shirley Crocker

9/9/2014
Shirley Crocker
I am trying to get the doc recipient to always start in position 46 in my positive pay file. My syntax in the file is this:
"I" |Issue Type
"{Pad: ÷{StrTran: ÷{BMICRACCTNO}÷, "-", ""}÷, 17, RT}" |Account Number (2-18)
"{Pad: '{Trim:÷{DocNo}÷, B}', 10}" |Check or document number (19-28)
"{FormatDate: ÷{DocDate}÷, 'MMDDYY'}" |Check Date (29-34)
"{FormatNum: '{DocAmnt}', 6, 5,'',' ',Hide}" |Check Amount (35-45)
"{Pad: ÷{DocRecip}÷, 30, RT, ''}" |Recipient or Payee (46-75)
{CR/LF} |Stuffs the End of Line Characters CR and LF

According to the bank's required format the amount must start in position 35 with no decimal point or zeros either before or after the amount. It should take up 11 spaces so that the doc recipient always starts in position 46 but I cannot get the doc recipient field to fall in the same place every time. Would you be able to provide the right syntax?

--
Shirley Crocker
Sr. Business Analyst
| Net@Work | 853 S. Shore Drive| Madison, WI 53715
 608-729-5767 | *scrocker@netatwork.com|  www.netatwork.com

 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
0 link