Attachments for PRINTED documents Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

11/13/2014
paula
Administrator
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: Custom forms and Additional Attachments
W – Oddly, you are the second person to ask this question today. The short version is there is no function in PrintBoss to auto print files that are not printed to PrintBoss but should be printed with an invoice. That said, PrintBoss can insert bmp and jpg files on additional copies of the PrintBoss Form. The catch is the file path and name needs to be saved in the database of the accounting system and printed to PrintBoss on the original invoice.
Unfortunately, I do not know Adagio well enough to know if it has this capability. I have assisted in setting this up twice, but both times the client was using Sage 300.
I will talk to our developer to determine if this is a feature that can be added to PrintBoss.

Best Regards,
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

11/13/2014
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:08 PM
To: Support@wellspringsoftware.com
Subject: Custom forms and Additional Attachments
Hello, I am looking at designing a form that will review the items on an invoice and attach MSDS sheets for any of the items that may require one. I know that we can email additional attachments with the enterprise version of Printboss, but I am stuck about how to accomplish this for invoices that will be printed instead.
Is there any equivalent function for printed documents to ‘#Assign EmailAttachments’ so that additional pages could be printed with the invoice in the same way documents are appended to email attachments? Am I stuck converting the MSDS PDF files to images and building some logic to enable/disable as many extra copies as the invoice requires MSDS sheets? Hopefully there is a better way, and I’d appreciate any thoughts you might have on the topic! Thanks,
0 link