HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Google Mail/GMail question Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

10/9/2019
Nancy
Administrator
Clients who convert from a desktop email program, such as Outlook, to Gmail (also known as Google Mail) cannot use Gmail as the SMTP address. This is true of AOL and Yahoo as well. These internet sites do not allow their services to be used as a Send Mail only account. Instead the SMTP address provided by the host Internet Provider must be used.
0 link
paula
Administrator

11/17/2014
paula
Administrator
The ‘Get Host Capabilities’ returns the correct values. Test Connection is not used with Gmail. It should not appear on the SMTP/Mail Hosts tab of the E-mail Settings dialog if you are using the current version of PrintBoss.
The ‘Unable to Authenticate to Server’ error occurs when Gmail Security does not allow SMTP access. Please follow the instructions on the Gmail Setup Notes to allow your Gmail account to be used with an SMTP connection. If you are a Google+ account like I am, you will need to copy the URL provided in the notes into your web browser and follow those steps to allow SMTP access to your Gmail account.
Please call our technical support group at the number in the closing below if you need assistance adjusting Gmail security.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

11/17/2014
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 4:32 PM
To: Technical Support
Subject: Re: Issue with printboss
Installed the most recent update, and it still has the same errors. Anything else that I can check. I have double checked all the settings that you sent me in Printboss and the email account, and all are correct.
thank
edited by Nancy on 11/17/2014
0 link