raylward102

all messages by user

1/16/2019
Topic:
Email Body/Message variable issue

raylward102
PrintBoss Version 5.73.6 Enterprise edition
We recently upgraded our accounting system; SAGEv5.5 to SAGE300-2018. In printboss application, under options>>E-mail settings>>Subject & Message Body, there's a variable {DocRecip}, referenced in the body text, which previously (in old SAGEv5.5) would populate the customers name. Since moving to SAGE300-2018, this variable is now populating with the customer number. I did call technical support, but they eluded to my having to edit the applicable crystal report (no assistance for this because it's not there product), print boss trigger; I did investigate the applicable crystal report print boss trigger, but am finding no real obvious way to adjust where {DocRecip} is getting it's data from. Any assistance would be helpful.
1/16/2019
Topic:
Email Body/Message variable issue

raylward102
I have solved the issue.
The {DocRecip} variable in the PrintBoss email settings, will not be referenced as {DocRecip} in the associated crystal report file. Open the crystal report file, toggle field explorer from the 'View' menu; Once Field explorer is docked, expand 'Formula Fields' tree and locate 'PrintBossRecip' field. Edit field, choosing the appropriate sources from within the document; In our case, we replaced the stock source: {@OEINVH_CUSTOMER}; with Trim({@BilComp})
6/11/2019
Topic:
Email address blank

raylward102
We have 2 forms we're using; one of them prints and emails while the other only Emails.
We realize there's a Email option in print boss application, for Print 'S' for skipped when emailing fails, but this setting isn't going to work when we use our 'email only' form (there are no accompanying print jobs occurring with email only form). Is there anything we can do, to be alerted when an email address is empty, while using the 'email only' form? The problem is, some customers are missing an email and won't receive statement; we only find out when the customer has failed to pay and saying they never received statement. We run in batch when doing this, so it's difficult to spot the one that didn't email out.
edited by raylward102 on 6/12/2019