wibni

all messages by user

3/22/2013
Topic:
Sage VIP Payroll

wibni
Hi, Can I use PrintBoss to email payslips from VIP to the employee and if so how?
The challange here is to identify the email of the employee automatically.

If PrintBoss can do it, it will save me having to buy their whole InfoSlip module for such a basic functionality.
edited by wibni on 3/22/2013
4/28/2013
Topic:
Sage VIP Payroll

wibni
Ok, have downloaded a trial of PrintBoss and managed to send an email to a default email address.
I found the address book in which I can enter the names and email addresses but how do I now link the names in this list to a name on my VIP Payslip?
Also, in VIP the name is seperated into first and last name - PrintBoss only uses one field for the name. Is that a potential issue?
4/29/2013
Topic:
Sage VIP Payroll

wibni
OK. Found the solution in the help file now.
5/2/2013
Topic:
Sage VIP Payroll

wibni
I've chosen option 1. Much easier.
5/13/2013
Topic:
Printboss & Exchange Server

wibni
Hi, Am I right in assuming PrintBoss does not support Exchange to send emails?
5/22/2013
Topic:
Which PrintBoss Version to choose?

wibni
I'd like to use printBoss to send out Payslips via email.
The email address needs to be capture from the payslip and send to the recipient.
Which version of PrintBoss do I require which includes these features?
7/4/2013
Topic:
Cannot email, cannot order

wibni
Hi,
I cannot sent emails to Support@wellspringsoftware.com or Sales@wellspringsoftware.com.
I get below non delivery report.

mx2.ess.sfj.cudaops.com #550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (sales@wellspringsoftware.com:554 Denied [ed926d15.0.2575368.00-2273.3560882.p02c12m023.mxlogic.net] (Mode: normal)) ## \

I cannot order from your website because the countries I want to select for our organisation does not exist in your drop down list.
Countries are Singapore and Bermuda.
7/16/2013
Topic:
force email attachment size to A4

wibni
I'm using PrintBoss 5.7 for emailing payslips from Sage VIP payroll.
I seem to be having a strange problem. When printing the payslip to a PDF using a PDF printer such as CutePDF the payslip is showing in the correct size which is A4.

In PrintBoss I set up the form as A4 as well, however the PDF attachment it creates is cut off half way. If I view the work file in PrintBoss I can see it is using the correct size for A4, however Sage VIP payroll seems to be printing wider than A4.
CutePDF then seems to "compress" the page to fit onto A4. With PrintBoss I have to change the form file to a custom format width of 11.65in in order to show the full width on the attachment.

Is there any way I can shrink the form to A4. Is there something like a 'fit to printer margin' setting in PrintBoss?
7/25/2013
Topic:
Rename Email PDF Attachments

wibni
Can it also include variables whcih I capture from the document, i.e. for payslips - the name of the month printed on the payslip?
8/28/2013
Topic:
Rename Email PDF Attachments

wibni
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.
I've created a seperate form to email payslips.
On that form I capture the employee's email address in the variable EmailTo - this is working.

I also want to capture the date of the payslip and use it in the file name of the attachment.
For this I've created the variable DocDate, added it under runtime objects and set pre-process assignments to 'Special' on the Special Contents tab.

When trying to print the payslip the attachment is called Payslip_.pdf - the date is not shown.
What am I doing wrong?

#Assign DocDate, "", 11.200/0.900, 0.890/0.180, LRAWSV
#Assign EmailTo, "", 0.150/4.850, 1.627/0.080, LRAWSV
#Assign EmailPDFAlias, "Payslip_{DocDate}"