JoeLabine

all messages by user

3/27/2013
Topic:
Recurrent warning

JoeLabine
Hi,
We have a recurrent warning about regional settings.
"This computers' "Control Panel/Regional Settings" ha non-standard Decimal. This is no recommended." (See attached file)

We have French Canadian default regional settings and don't want to change those.
Is there a way to disable this warning?

Regards
edited by Nancy on 4/8/2013
3/6/2015
Topic:
Sage 300 V6.1 French characters not printing prope

JoeLabine
Hi,

any update on this? I'm having the same issue as Pierre (Groupe JCE) with latest version : 6.00.6.

Thanks
7/13/2017
Topic:
PDF Directory

JoeLabine
Hi,

I configured a new form which will be used to create pdf from a AR bacth. I want each document in the batch to generate a file.
So in the PDF tab:
  • I configured a file name using variables
  • Unchecked the "confirm destination filename at runtime"
  • New file name generation : Each new DocNo
  • Append overwrite method: Overwrite existing file
  • File type : PDF
*See attached file.

Now the issue is that all pdf are created in the printboss directory. How can I let the user decide the "save as" directory?

Thanks
7/13/2017
Topic:
Carriage Return

JoeLabine
Hi,

is there a way I can add a carriage return in a variable set in a crystal report?
I want to build the EmailSubject in crystal but I want to add multiple lines.

The following is currently working (but there is is simple line)
"PB#Assign EmailSubject,Invoice "+{@PrintBossDocNo}+" from "+{ARRBC.NAME}

I tried something like this, but I only have the first line.
"PB#Assign EmailSubject,Invoice "+{@PrintBossDocNo}+" from "+{ARRBC.NAME} + Chr(13) + Chr (10) + "test"

I tried with Chr(10), Chr(13), \r\n,\0

Nothing is working. The only way I found was bay adding html tag in the string.

Is there a way to do this? Can the "Assigns" command be used in crystal report?

Thanks
7/14/2017
Topic:
Keep a copy

JoeLabine
Hi,

when using the "Send mail to Outlook Outbox", is there a way to keep a copy of the email in the sent folder of outlook?

Regards
4/30/2019
Topic:
PDF Printing

JoeLabine
Hi,

I'm trying to automate a pdf printing process, working with Sage 300 and PrintBoss. We do have a rtp "calling" a PrintBoss form. Now the form is configured with the "confirm destination filename at runtime" checked (see attached image). So that way the user can choose where to save the pdf.

In the automation process I need to be able to skip this question (but I still need to keep it for manual operations). Is there a variable or anything I could set in the Crystal RPT to tell PrintBoss to ignore the "confirm destination filename at runtime"?
I know I could copy the PrintBoss form and change the settings manually but that would be two forms to maintain.

Thank you
4/30/2019
Topic:
PDF Printing

JoeLabine
Hi Nancy, thanks for your answer. Adding a copy and using #ProcessPage makes a lot of sens. But still, I don't understand how can I tell printboss to act in different way regarding the "PDF" tab. For what I understand the PDF tab manages pdf settings for the whole form regardless the copy number.

Is there a variable I can use to change the PDF settings?

Thanks!
5/2/2019
Topic:
PDF Printing

JoeLabine
Ok great this allows me to specify a destination for each copy. But I still struggle with the "confirm destination filename at runtime". How can I set it to true for copy 0 and false for copy 1?
5/2/2019
Topic:
PDF Printing

JoeLabine
So I guess I'll have to use two different PB forms, as mention in my original post.
Thanks for your time and help.
5/3/2019
Topic:
PB Ignores spooled jobs

JoeLabine
Hi,

In an automation process, we are printing many invoices from Sage 300 to print boss. We generate pdf. Pdf files are named with their invoice number. The thing is we are not necessarily printing batches, we can print many invoices from many batches which means all prints are different jobs.We made a simple test where there were 3 invoices to print. At the end of the process we only had 1 pdf instead of 3. We went in the PrintBoss 50 printer queue manager and set the printer on pause. Then we reprinted the 3 invoices. We can see that the 3 invoices get to the printing queue (see attached file). Once we were sure all our invoices were correctly sent to the printer we un-paused the printer, all lines disappeared from the queue, but again, only 1 pdf was printed by print boss. We finally made a last test, which was forcing a waiting time (sleep 20 seconds) between each invoices printed. This worked, at the end of the process we had 3 pdf. So clearly something is going wrong with the print boss printer when multiple jobs are sent in a short period of time.

Is this a known issue? Is there a settings in the driver that can fix this issue?

Thank you
edited by JoeLabine on 5/3/2019
5/3/2019
Topic:
PB Ignores spooled jobs

JoeLabine
Hi,
I'm using Enterprise version.

So yes option 2 does the job.
I have attached two screen shot of what need to be configured.

Thanks!