Microfiche

all messages by user

12/6/2016
Topic:
New to PrintBoss - need formula help

Microfiche
I have a block of text that I would like to only print in December.
I can do this easily in Crystal, but not sure how to manage on a PrintBoss form?
Can someone help?
I can't seem to find a syntax guide - assume it would be something like CurrentDate:'m' = 12
edited by Microfiche on 12/6/2016
12/6/2016
Topic:
New to PrintBoss - need formula help

Microfiche
So if I wanted to use that in a footer object, could I do it something like this for a white rectangle that would only show in December?

#[==, Formatdate 'CurrentDate' 'mm', 12]Rect 2, 8.5, 7, 8.9, 0.00, 0.010, B, W, 0,

I am not sure if Formatdate 'CurrentDate' 'mm' returns text or a number...
edited by Microfiche on 12/6/2016
7/14/2017
Topic:
Prompting for email address

Microfiche
We are currently using PrintBoss for invoices in Sage 300 ERP 2017, where we can store an A/P email address in the customer record.
When we print the invoices, it grabs the related email and sends it off with no intervention. We also print the invoices in batches.
However, when we send order confirmations, there are often different buyers, and it would be done one at a time, as the sales order was completed, so an email address needs to be entered each time.
I know you can change the settings so that PrintBoss would prompt you each time, but I am trying to determine the best way that the same user can email both invoices and confirmations without changing their PrintBoss settings - i.e. through settings in the form? Is that possible?
1/3/2018
Topic:
Change from local SMTP server to Office 365

Microfiche
We recently migrated from Lotus Notes, running a SMTP server on premises, to Office 365.
When connecting to Office 365, our migration consultant had us simply replace the local email server IP address with
{our domain}.mail.protection.outlook.com - the same as we use for relaying our scanner and other emails.
However, we are finding this extremely slow - like 3-4 seconds per email?
Is that normal when emailing through Office 365?
Or should we try to set up using the SMTP server smtp.office365.com as detailed in the documentation?
edited by Microfiche on 1/3/2018