Neil

all messages by user

2/6/2013
Topic:
Can we add a Printed Page Number to a form?

Neil
Our Business Office would like to have the page number printed at the top of our forms when a batch of checks is printed. It makes it easier to go back to that page to restart the batch.

I've checked the forms and manuals. I have not found an example of what the line would look like. Is it possible to display the page number for each check that is printed?

Thank you,
Neil
10/17/2013
Topic:
How do I check a captured variable for all spaces?

Neil
My data file consists of fixed length rows. The deposit number may be simply spaces.

I am trying to change the processing of the checks depending on this value.
I've tried "In", "=". "=e", "Captured". None of the conditionals are returning true for 20 spaces. Nothing is working.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

If it helps, the field is defined as 20 characters.
The field is successfully read and printed to the checks. So I know it is being captured.
10/18/2013
Topic:
How do I check a captured variable for all spaces?

Neil
Thank you for your in-depth reply, Nancy.

I'm sorry. I must have been too vague in my question.

Our payroll creates a data file that has fixed length lines of 80 characters.

If the employee wants their money electronically deposited, the person's bank information will be listed on line 14.
If the employee wants a check, which he will take to the bank, himself, there will be simply spaces for line 14.

I have defined a variable, called DepInfo, as P20 1 14, to handle this so it can be printed on Advices.

The PrintBoss software is "capturing" the DepInfo's data and printing it on the check, even if it is spaces.

I've tried the following lines in the Footer section of the Payroll Form:
#[Captured, 'DepInfo'] (returns true because it is capturing data (which is spaces)
#[=, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[=e, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[in, DepInfo, '<20 spaces>'] (returns false)
#[<, DepInfo, 0] (returns false)

I have not found a conditional command to identify the 20 spaces and return a true response.

How do you check for this?