Bruce

all messages by user

3/7/2013
Topic:
Sage 300 6.1 not printing directly to PrintBoss

Bruce
Hello Nancy:
My client is experiencing the same symptoms after installing the most recent release of PrintBoss last week. This was done at the same time as giving that particular user a Windows 7 computer. The difference is that they are still using version 5.6 of Sage 300.

So is this the same problem? Or maybe one related to Windows 7? Paula helped me recently with a client where the Transfer folder definition was the problem.

What would you recommend? Thank you.
3/30/2013
Topic:
PB works on 3 of 4 identical computers

Bruce
Hello Support:
A client installed 4 new computers (Windows 7) last week. They are using Sage 300 version 6.0. They use PB only to print cheques.
From computer A I used PB to check and download the latest version. I then ran Setup.exe on the other 3 computers.
Those 3 computers work perfectly. They preview the cheque and then print to the PrintBoss 50 driver. However computer A does not print a cheque.
  • PrintBoss loads but does not recognize the document - no processing occurs
  • We use the same steps (preview first) as the other 3 computers
  • The trigger line is visible in Preview
  • The Crystal cheque file is the same on all 4 computers
  • The print job disappears - it neither prints nor does appears to be in a print queue
  • I ran Setup.exe just in case but there was no change
  • I stopped and started the Windows Print Spooler
Apart from the fact that the upgrade was installed at this computer, I don't see what makes it different. Identical operating system, identical Crystal report.
Question: What do you recommend?
4/1/2013
Topic:

Bruce
Hello Nancy:

I ran the PB update while logged in as the user on that computer. She has Full Control rights to the PrntBoss folder on the server and Administrator rights to her local computer. And, in fact, the update process ran without problem, once we solved a firewall problem.

I have seen a similar problem recently related to a "bad" path for the Transfer folder. Could that be a cause here? Thank you.
4/2/2013
Topic:

Bruce
Nancy:
Yes, I believe the Transfer folder is at fault. It points to a folder that doesn't exist. Here are the results from 2 computers.

Not working:
-Spool: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Spool\ = E C W D
-Program: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Home: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Transfer: C:\Transfer\ = e

Working Computer (all 3 that work are like this):
-Spool: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Spool\ = E C W D
-Program: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Home: P:\PrntBoss\ = E C W D
-Transfer: C:\ProgramData\Wellspring\PrintBoss\Transfer\ = E C W D

Questions:
-Should I change the first one to use the same Transfer folder as the others (after checking that the folder exists)?
-Is this done through the PB interface or directly with the registry?

Thank you.
edited by Bruce on 4/2/2013
edited by Bruce on 4/2/2013
4/3/2013
Topic:

Bruce
Nancy:

OK, I will change the non-working computer to use the same Transfer folder as the others. I will update this thread with the results. Thank you.
4/18/2013
Topic:

Bruce
Thank you Nancy. Your recommendation worked perfectly.
7/7/2014
Topic:
Socket Error #10061 when running PBUpdate.exe

Bruce
Hello Support:

I've copied the PrntBoss folder to a client's new server. When I run PBUpdate, it results in "Socket Error #10061, Connection refused".

Is there a specific port that needs to be opened for this process to run? Thank you.
4/5/2016
Topic:
Error Msg: Registry entry 'Dir=' doesn't exist

Bruce
Hello:

We have a client experiencing this error when trying to run PrintBoss. In response to the dialogue box, I removed the Dir name from the Registry. That worked initially but the error reappeared a day later. Re-inserting the missing name doesn't help. However I've noticed that clicking on the "Retry" button allows PrintBoss to start (their dialogue box has a "Retry" button so it differs from your screen image here).

In response to your 3 suggestions:
1) Indeed they are using Windows 7 (64-bit) but are already using a UNC path
2) Their upgrade was purchased April 2013 so this could be a factor however it worked until last week and of course "nothing has changed"
3) The user has Read/Write access to the Registry because I can edit the PrintBoss key

Can you suggest any other factors? Thank you.
4/7/2016
Topic:
Error Msg: Registry entry 'Dir=' doesn't exist

Bruce
Thank you Nancy. We'll try that (PrintBoss has a setting for everything - though they aren't always obvious).

After I posted the question, I discovered from the client that they have been clicking on the "Retry" button for a number of years. So what seemed like a problem to me was just Standard Operating Procedure to them! smile